Next Generation Firewalls (NGF)
"A wire-speed integrated network platform that performs deep inspection of traffic and blocking of attacks."
NGFWs are extremely high-performance, turnkey appliances intended to stop threats before they reach a computer network and long before the Anti-virus software on the individual computer even gets triggered.
Next Generation Firewalls attempts to address the traffic inspection and application awareness drawbacks of Stateful Inspection Firewalls, without hampering performance. Control all the security and networking capabilities in Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) platforms across your entire network with one intuitive operating system. Valuepoint Techsol provides real-time protection with Cisco, Sophos Cyberroam, Fortinet and Paloalto.
- Port-based Firewalls have poor vision
- Applications that should not be on the network are allowed onto the network
- Not everything that should be inspected necessarily gets inspected
- Policy Management gets convoluted
- Inadequate performance forces compromises to be made
- Traditional IPS is a poor match for today's threats
- Encrypted threat vectors
- Application- borne threats
- Identify applications regardless of port, protocol, evasive techniques, or SSL encryption before doing anything else
- Provide visibility of and granular, policy-based control over applications, including individual functions
- Accurately identify users and subsequently use identity information as an attribute for policy control
- Provide Real- time protection against a wide array of threats, including those operating at the application layer
- Integrate, not just combine, traditional Firewall and Network intrusion prevention capabilities
- Support Multi- gigabit, in- line deployments with negligible performance degradation